Friday, October 6, 2017

I finally got clearance...

to wean from prednisone!  I officially cheated, and started weaning 2.5 mg SLOWLY at almost 24 weeks, because originally they told me everyone weans between 20-24 weeks.  Then they had me wait til my labs were done... blah blah blah!   Prednisone is the worst drug I have ever been on!  It is definitely a love/hate relationship because I firmly believe we would not have this miracle without it, but the side effects... rapid heart rate, moon face, excess hair on face (I got my face waxed 3 times and I might need one more!), etc.  Its horrible!  I cannot wait to look like myself again!  Currently at 22.5 mg from 30 mg and I will be 26 weeks tomorrow! YAY!!!

But I have to admit I do get worried.  My ANA's (Anti-nuclear antibodies) were higher than they would like, 99.33 when they should be less than 20.  When you google about this, of course HORRIBLE things pop up, which I cannot even repeat here.  I'm still trusting God, that he is going to protect our little bambino.

Last night I was drawing my boys a bath and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...so thankful for this growing basketball... I mean BABY BUMP!  God is good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...