Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pregnitude... what is it?

Myo- Inositol, which is found naturally in many foods, including oranges, cantaloupe, nuts, beans and products with high bran content, is the main ingredient to Pregnitude.    It is technically considered a carbohydrate and is part of the B complex vitamins.  According to the examiner.com, "Myo-inositol has been shown in clinical studies to increase ovulation rates, improve regularity of menstrual cycles and improve egg quality."  It continues to say that, "this supplement holds the potential to change the direction of the reproductive support for women with PCOS."  It not only has the potential to help women women seeking to become pregnant it has also been found to help with with PCOS improve their body composition (fat to weight ratio), inflammation, insulin resistance, androgen levels (acne and hair growth/loss), and blood lipid levels.

Pregnitude, includes a combination of folic Acid (200 mcg) and Myo-Inositol (2000 mg or 2 grams) per packet, which means you would be consuming 4oo mcg of folic Acid and 4000 mg or 4 grams of of Myo-Inositol per day.  It is possible to a cheeper form of Myo-Insitol and add a folic acid supplement, however, research has found that "many of these supplements do not contain the amount of myo-inositol indicated on the label making it challenging to dose for effective results."  The benefit of taking Pregnitude is that it has been clinically tested and is quality controlled which provides a more effective and accurate dosing.  In addition many people, including myself, have trouble taking supplements.  Pregnitude makes it very easy to take and comes perfectly portioned... no pill counting needed! 

I remember the days of being obsessed with "symptoms."  "I feel something different," "My boobs are more sore," "I have more energy," etc.  The good news is that now that I am not TTC, I am no longer "obsessed" with "feeling pregnant," etc.  This will help make me a good evaluator for this product.

How do I feel since taking Pregnitude?  Exactly the same.  I have no "symptoms," I do not feel any different, nor do I plan to... at least not for a few more months!  I just ordered my second box, with about 10 days left in my current box.  I did FINALLY start my period, four days later than the previous month.  So here are my stats:

Cycles Post BFing...

First- 35 days
Second- 44 days
Third- 48 days (started Pregnitude mid-cycle)
Fourth- CD 7




11 comments:

My Vegas said...

love the name! It's like pregnant + attitude. ha!

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

This sounds awesome! I am glad your wrote about it!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Whats funny is that it never occurred to me that it was a combination of both of those words... or I never thought about it anyway ;-P

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

I hope it is!!! I'm hoping I get some great results... and anyone who is taking it :)

Anonymous said...

Are u still trying to get pregnant while takin it?

Anonymous said...

My doctor has just prescribed for me to take that for 6 months and if im still not pregnant to come back

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

That is great Krystal! I hope it works for you! I truly believe trying the natural route first... Western medicine definitely has place, it is how I conceived my boys! :)

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

I am not ttc at the moment, however we are not preventing either. We have other reasons for not being able to conceive (see out IF journey). I am taking this supplement to control my pcos naturally and it seems to be working :)

Unknown said...

Just started last week. Only complaint is gas and wierd acne in wierd places... my bf says I seem to get more aroused!

Brooke said...

I really want to try this (TTC).. But I'm terrified of being disappointed once again. I've been TTC for almost 5 years now.. would you give this a good over all success rating?

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Brooke, overall I would give it a 4. It is not a miracle. It is a supplement to HELP you. You also need to eat an all natural diet, and watch your carbs/protein! If you would like more help, see my other blog... www.lovelifenaturally.org :) Did you try it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...