2 tsp EVOO
3 large leeks, chopped (whites only)
3 Yukon potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 c low sodium chicken broth
2 c low fat milk (I am using unsweetened almond)
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 c. cheddar
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add leeks and cook until soft. Stirring frequently, about 5 min.
2. Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, about 8 min. until potatoes are soft.
3. Add milk and nutmeg. Stir until heated. About 3 min.
4. Using a hand blender, blend mixture. Or pour into food processor or blender. Puree.
5. Return to saucepan. Add cheese. (opt. sprinkle with turkey bacon, chopped Italian parsley)