Friday, August 5, 2011

The Golden Hour...

It is so hard to believe that I've made it to 35 weeks!  I am so greatful for each extra day I have with my babies in my belly.  I recieved a call today from a friend who's neice had her twins last night, at 33 weeks 3 days!  She had been laying on the couch and her water just broke!  It made me realize that really, it can be ANY DAY NOW!  It is exciting and scary all at the same time!

C and I have been contemplating on whether or not we will be having people come to the hospital when "its time."  I've gone back and forth about this my entire pregnancy!  At our hospital they have a thing called "The Golden Hour."  Its the first hour after birth that they give to the family to nurse and bond with the new baby(ies).  We both really want this time and didn't want to feel pressured about having people in the waiting room to meet our new LO's (little one's).  But, at the same time, I want our family their to support us and pray for us!

What we decided is this, we will be calling my parents, C's Dad and step-mom, and my brothers.  Thats it!  I know that they will respect the time we want to bond following the birth.  They will be there to support us.  I won't feel pressured to have them meet the boys right away.  And since we will be having a c-section, they might be able to see them be wheeled down to the recovery room where I will be.  Our hospital has a policy that keeps babies with mom's at all times (if everyone is healthy).  I love that!  So I can still get my Golden Hour even while I'm recovering from surgery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...