Friday, August 19, 2011

Twenty perfect fingers, twenty perfect toes...

Thank you Lord for these perfect gifts!

A verse that inspired me the other morning was this...


"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. " Psalm 139:13-14





Rocco on the top, Maximus on the bottom.
This was taken last Saturday, the day Maximus came home!


A little update...

I am so thankful and blessed to be Rocco's and Maximus's mother.  It is an amazing yet challenging experience. 

I have had them both home now for six days.  The first two nights were rough.  I don't think I really slept!  One would wake up to eat then the other.  Maximus is on a higher calorie diet to gain weight, so I am unable to breastfeed both babies.  Rocco is breast feeding and does a great job, but its exhausting and takes a lot of time.  I also pump after each feeding so I can feed Maximus with the added "weight gainer."  I cannot wait until they can eat the same.  It will definitely help me in the sleep department.  However, one of the BEST investments I made, was purchasing the My Breast Friend Twin nursing pillow!  I now able to feed both babies at the same time!  Rocco BF's and Maximus bottle.  Maximus falls asleep on the pillow while Rocco finishes.  Nights are getting better, but its definitely still a work in progress ;-)

The previous week was also really tough with Maximus in the NICU.  A normal new mom is able to take a nap during the day while her baby(ies) sleeps.  I had to be at the NICU visiting my other son.  I had/have two babies with two different needs!

So, I forgot to post the reason for Maximus's lack of growth for the last month!  I know its common with twins to have them come out with different weights, but for us we found out why during the csection!  Maximus's placenta partially attached to the scar tissue where my septum was!  He was getting enough nutrients throughout the pregnancy up until my week 30 growth scan which is where the discrepancy became apparent.  I had been worried since that appointment.  I tried eating more protein etc. and nothing seemed to help.  I was relieved to know that there was nothing that I could have done different and so thankful that we got him out so he can grow!  The only way we were able to know this is because I had a csection.  We are so LUCKY that he made it this far without any further complications!

When he was released from the hospital last Saturday, his weight was 4lbs 1 oz.  Yesterday his weight was 4lb 7oz!  So he is growing great!  I hope he is able to catch up to Rocco soon!


8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are such an amazing mommy already. You are amazing and doing so much. I cannot wait to see more pictures. Keep on growing babies! Give them a kiss from me! (your long lost bloggie friend) lol

Kelli said...

Congrats...they are adorable!! Glad Maximus is gaining weight!

My Vegas said...

Beautiful boys!

Emby said...

I am glad to see the boys are doing so well. I am sure you are doing a great job!

Tiffany said...

Hey new mommy. You have received an award. Check out my blog http://youngbutinfertile.blogspot.com/2011/08/virtual-hugger.html

Jessica White said...

I'm so glad that they're doing well!

Ashley said...

I am relieved to know that I am not the only one not posting as much now that the twins are home! I am breastfeeding both but i can't do them at the same time.. but i am hoping to soon. they eat one right after the other - i just can't seem to get them both latched on well and I have the same pillow as you. I hope your lighter little one catches up soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are adorable. I hope you all are doing well. Good job with Maximus' weight gain. He loves his Momma's milk!

As soon as my other little guy is home I plan on BF them at the same time. Any words of wisdom or advice. I have the same nursing pillow. I agree w/you.... its so hard to have one baby in the NICU and one at home.... I can't wait to get them both at home. I feel so torn, as I want to be in both places at the same time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...