Friday, October 7, 2011

Co-Sleeping...


Is becoming a nightly routine (this is something I said I would NEVER do btw). It doesn't start out that way and I know it wont last for long. I don't plan on having toddlers sleep in bed with us :)  But, I have to say, I love sleeping with them!  They are so cuddly and we all sleep so good together!  They could be crying one minute and then I put them in my nook, and fast asleep they go!

The babies are officially TWO months old, as of the Wednesday and 9 weeks old today (two month pics coming soon!). They are sleeping longer through the night, 4 to 6 hours, but it never fails one wakes up first and the other is sound asleep. We decided this week to see how long the sleeping one will sleep and then put the other in bed with us. It worked great! We all slept an extra two hours! HUGE! Unfortunately, its not both of them sleeping in their cribs that long. But I think by just letting them sleep instead of our old mentality, one wakes up both wake up, we might be sleeping through the night sooner than we think!

Once we moved them from our room to their cribs (sharing one) at six weeks, we started a night time routine... Bath time, story time, bed time! We now have no issues putting them to bed awake! They'll lay there for a bit and fall right asleep. We don't have a specific bedtime yet because feeding still range each day, but routine is definitely helping :)

They are nine weeks old, now and its unbelievable!  Their personalities have really come out!  Rocco, we call "The big Rock, "  is very observant!  He loves to look around at everything with his big beautiful eyes. At feeding time, he won't latch on until he's looked around.  Its pretty cute!  Maximus is very temperamental, he has to have things his way RIGHT NOW!  The funny part is that I knew they would more or less be like this because of how they were in my belly.  Rocco was the laid back one and Maximus was always doing somersault's!  Hence, the reason we named them their names... Rocco means "rest"  Maximus means "the Greatest."

Raising twins is no joke!  I don't know how people do it without help!  We are very blessed to have C's sister come three days a week to do house chores and run errands for me.  I am able to just focus on the babies right now, which I am so thankful!  I love LOVE being a mom, especially to my twins.  As hard as it is, I am loving EVERY SECOND!  They are my greatest gift!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also said I would NEVER co-sleep, but the babies will sleep a little longer with us in the bed- and right now I think we would do just about anything for a little more sleep :)

It sounds like the transition to their cribs went well. Did they sleep better there? Were you able to sleep better?

Thank you for your comment on my blog about breastfeeding. I appreciate any advice I can get-. I am still trying, not quite ready to give up yet :) Thank you for the encouragement.

Maximus’ personality sounds a lot like Maxwell’s- they must just feel the need to live up their name :)

Krista said...

I'm going to be looking to you for tips and tricks Sara. We are having two boys!!! Crazy huh!?

marilyn said...

you are so lucky to have great family. Twins..wow!! Yeah..co-sleeping..I heard from my brother and sister in law..that they just love it. But...really it has caused issues in their marriage...2 years later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...