Thursday, October 8, 2009

A new outlook...

Okay, I didn't start my day that way. I was actually on the verge of tears on and off on the way to work. I was feeling so helpless. I told God last night that I was "a lost sheep." At least that's how I felt. I was praying last night for guidence as well as for healing from PCOS. Anything is possible right? I know God does miracles.

Anyway, I had left a message on a PCOS thread asking what the women used to get pregnant. When I got to work I opened my email and found this message. It made my day:


Hi Sara,

I'm so sorry you are feeling so helpless; I understand how challenging this struggle is.

Here is my story:
After TTC for 3 1/2 yrs, my husband & I decided to seek help from a RE. I went on Metformin, which did not help. I then tried 2 rounds of Clomid followed by 3 rounds of Follistim; nothing worked for me. We then progressed to Follistim with an IUI which also failed. I felt I was at the end of my rope, much like you are feeling now.

My husband & I had already invested so much into starting a family that we could no longer afford the financial and emotional toll. We decided to take a 6 month break and save for IVF. In the meantime, this is what I did:

-Worked out 5 times a week, ate healthy and lost 10 lbs

-Used the Cleareblue Easy Fertility Monitor so I would know for sure when I was ovulating. My cycles were between 35-90 days and it turns out that I usually ovulate on day 21. If I didn't have this monitor, I would have been trying to conceive one week too early.

-Acupuncture treatments 3 times a week.

After 3 months, I conceived and had a healthy pregnancy. I truly believe all 3 things contributed to finally being able to conceive. I don't believe you can "relax and just let it happen". That was one of the most frustrating things to hear while struggling with infertility.

I wish you all the luck in the world. Don't give up, keep fighting and your dream WILL come true.

Jackie


Thank God for this email! I am newly inspired and will not give up! I know God can do miracles I just need to be patient But, I went online bought ovulation strips, Fertile Aid for men (even though Chris has lots of sperm, it doesn't hurt!), and new digital BBT. We are also going to use preseed and I have an appointment with a acupuncturist on Tuesday who plans on using herbs to help regulate my cycle! I am excited and rejuvenated about this new path.

Once AF starts, I am still going to call Dr. D to set up for my hysteroscopy to ensure my uterus is still open from my surgery in April, and also have the IVF consultation. It doesn't hurt to listen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...