Friday, October 16, 2009

What a week...

This week has been tough... sick with the flu, realized you can only go on vacation with some people, canceled appointments, unmotivated to ttc... again.

So, Vegas wasn't a hit after all. It sounded like a perfect plan, in theory. Get away from it all... no stress... etc.! It started off that way... Chris and I got to the Monte Carlo at midnight, went right to bed. We slept in the next morning (so nice!), went to breakfast, I had coffee (hadn't had that in 2 months!), had no agenda, and read the paper. After breakfast we got ready for the gym, I worked out (hadn't done that in 2 months!), and then relaxed in the steam room and spa! Then we came back to the room ordered room service and took a 2 hour nap. It was a great day! Then, my friends showed up...

They paid for a hotel for us at Hard Rock... so not our scene. Long story short, we stayed up way too late at places that are not our scene! I learned that some friends are just friends you go to lunch with!

Once I got home... Home Sweet Home... I had a horrible cough! I thought it was from all the nasty cigarette smoke, but it turned into something else... THE FLU! No not H1N1, just the stinkin FLU. I had a fever of 101.3, missed 3 days of work, and am now just feeling better. I had to cancel my hysteroscopy, and acupuncture appt., although I rescheduled the acupuncture for today! Unfortunately, I now have to wait another cycle to do the hysteroscopy (I needed a break anyways!).

Acupuncture today was interesting. The acupuncturist, Teri, was nice, but wasn't very informative... which I don't like. I like to know details. She only asked me a few questions diagnosed me by looking at my tongue! She put a heat lamp on my feet and pelvic area and then stuck me... but, it doesn't hurt. She then turn down the lights and put on Enya. I had a hard time relaxing, probably because it was my first time. I kept thinking about that Sex in the City episode where Charlotte when to see the acupuncturist and once she had all these needles in her face all she could hear was the traffic and street noise! She freaked out and couldn't relax! I calmed myself down and said I was NOT going to be her.

Once we were done, she gave me some Chinese herbs to take (no idea what they are!) every morning and night. Its supposed to help bring everything to balance. She said not to expect change for a couple months,which is what I expected. She said the main thing is she is going to focus on de-stressing me.. I guess she could tell I was uptight. Who woulda thought!?

1 comment:

Kate said...

I had the flu, too. Ugh! Maybe we won't get it later in the winter since we already had it?!? Hope you are hanging in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...