Monday, September 26, 2011

Birth control?

At my six week check up, Dr. I discussed birth control options with me.  But do I need it?  I hear it again and again that after infertility, many people get "surprises."  I guess, I am not sure what to do because our issue ended up being a little different than most peoples.  C's sperm didn't like my eggs!  I mean what are the chances we would have a surprise pregnancy if out of 29 eggs, NOT ONE, fertilized!?

I did get a prescription for a progesterone pill that's safe to take while breastfeeding.  Part of me doesn't want to take it because if we did get a surprise, that wouldn't be anything less than a miracle.  But at the same time, I REALLY don't want to get pregnant again for a LONG time!  I just want to enjoy my new little twins!  So I ask the question... what would you do???


Another pic just for fun :-)

5 comments:

Lori B. said...

Girl I totally hear you on this one! We are also having twins and the thought of going on birth control after trying so hard to conceive seems ridiculous. But we also don't want to get pregnant right away after the twins either. I hope you and the hubby can come to a decision that you are happy with. By the way, your boys are so adorable!!

Krista said...

LOL!!! Our OB asked us at our last apt. what we plan to use for BC once the twins are born.......we just looked at each other and laughed. My hubands friend and his wife had a surprise a few months after their IVF baby was born.......which took them 4 IVF tries to conceive!! It happens.....even though it seems silly to us. We are done after our twins so we do plan to use some kind if birth control. If you aren't ready right now....I'd recommend using something. You never know!!

Neamorfnost said...

Your twinkies are sooooooo cute!!
I have dr appt on 10 days and pretty sure thats what he is going to ask me. And yes i will be taking some kind of birth control. My husband already has 2 kids from previous marriage who live with us and finally e have our baby Zach so i think we are done (at least for a year) and after that if it happens-it happens but for now i want to enjoy my newborn.

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

hmmm... makes sense! I think I'll end up on the BCP's. Thanks for all your responses! I don't think we'll go through another IVF, but if we happen to have another by surprise (in three years! LOL!) than I would be okay with it :)

Jesica said...

I am still trying for my first and I will NEVER go on any form of birth control ever again, unless I'm 40 with like 5 kids...which is highly unlikely. Breastfeeding (especially twins) is nature's birth control, so while you're breastfeeding I really wouldn't stress about it, but whatever you decide it's the right decision for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...