Thursday, June 7, 2012

And we have a tooth!


Rocco and Maximus just celebrated their 10 month birthday on the 5th!  No we didn't really do anything "special," but Rocco cut his FIRST TOOTH (finally!)!  Its a funny story actually...

Maximus has been teething since about four months, Rocco since about five.  I always said it would be ironic if Rocco got his tooth first, because he, 1) hasn't been teething as long and, 2) doesn't get as fussy as Maximus.  Low and behold Rocco cut his first tooth!

Last weekend C was away on a business trip so we three decided to go and visit my parents for the weekend, who live an hour away.  We had so much fun and the boys did AMAZINGLY well... napped great, slept through the night, etc. (I swear by the sound machine!). But by Monday, they were ready to come home.  Maximus felt hot too.  I got home and he was running a low fever of 100.3.  He had been very fussy all day.  I was sure that he would have a tooth by the next day!

My mom has always said she knew when we would get a tooth because she would hear a "cling" on the spoon.  I replied that "we use rubber spoons now, so we won't hear that."  Well, on their 10 month birthday the boys and I were in the playroom and I was eating some cottage cheese.  Rocco wanted a bite, so I gave him some and "cling!"  I heard it!  I stuck my finger in his mouth and could feel the sharp edge of his new tooth!

Maximus, I'm sure will have some new teeth any day as well.  I can see six teeth on top coming in and his four bottoms ones.  No wonder his is in pain!!  Poor baby!!


6 comments:

Jessica White said...

Yay for first teeth!

Heather said...

Teething isn't fun at all, but it's exciting because they are becoming little boys!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Finally! ;-)

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Yes I totally agree! Their whole look is about to change! I can't wait to see their new smile :)

Amanda said...

Hooray for Rocco!! I thought I would miss Ben and Mia's gummy smiles, but I love the new toothy ones!!

Stephanie said...

My daughter is a little over 11 months old and she STILL doesn't have any teeth! I can't believe it. We said from early on we loved her gummy smile and didn't want to lose it, but I didn't think we'd be here and still looking at that gummy smile! :) I'll be listening for a cling now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...