Here is a surprisingly DELICIOUS pesto recipe using Kale (obviously my new favorite vegetable)! Now that the season is getting cooler, my cooking is getting heartier! It is delicious and my boys love it too! We ate this for dinner last night with Ravioli, a side of grilled asparagus... and a glass of Merlot! :-)
1 bunch Kale, stems removed
1/3 cup walnuts toasted (6-8 min in oven) plus 2 TB
1/2 cup EVOO
1 cup Pecorino cheese grated
1 clove of garlic
1. Steam chopped Kale until bright green and softened (about 4-5 min)
2. toast walnuts for 6-8 min in oven at 350
3. place steamed Kale in strainer, let drain and squeeze out all the water
4. put all ingredients in food processor or blender and puree
5. Cook your favorite pasta, preferably something whole grain, and reserve 1 c. of pasta water to thing sauce if needed.
6. strain pasta, put pesto in the kettle used to cook pasta and toss with pasta. Add pasta water as needed to thin sauce.
7. Top with 2 TB. of toasted chopped walnuts and pecorino. Enjoy!