He didn't push one way or another, it was up to us to decide. We both felt that we should start with a "clean slate" with Dr. R. IVF is so final. We are only going to do two to three cycles of clomid and thats it... give it one last chance. The good news is that I feel very good about this change, not stressed about clomid not working, it is also less invasive than injectables and less time consuming (less dr visits, bloodwork, etc.). I am not necessarily hopeful it will work, but I am open to it :)
As for C's seman analysis...Dr R really wasn't that concerned because he had SUCH high numbers and motility, which is a relief! He does want him to start taking vitamins and fish oil (everyone should!) and he wants to do another S/A. We are also going to do a postcoital test,
which "checks a woman's cervical mucus after sex to see whether sperm are present and moving normally. This test may be used if a woman is not able to become pregnant (infertility) and other tests have not found a cause." Dr. D never did that, he just pushed IUI.
Once we decided on our next plan of action I emailed Dr. R and recieved this in response...
"Sara - If you want to start this cycle, we could start you tomorrow, day 6 of your cycle (starting day 3-6 is equally good but we try to start everyone on day 5) or we can wait til next cycle.
If you want to start this cycle, please call ouroffice, , and set it up. I will forward this to both the and the MD on call that day, Dr. Cassidenti.
Your chart is in Redondo but the computer has all my notes.
Let me know and good luck (PLUS: great decision)