Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mama Bear...

I am.  A Mama bear.  I admit to it.  Some people may think I'm "crazy mom," but you know what?  I don't care.  I absolutely LOVE my kids and would do anything to protect them.  I am a jealous mom too!  And do you know what?  I don't care either!  I am their mom.  No one else.  I will always be THEIR MOM.

Where is this coming from?  UGH.  What a day... It has actually been building from a few weeks or few incidences or comments which have built up and built up, where I have finally had to speak up.  I didn't want to seem "crazy" or like a "mama bear" or "jealous." But you know what?  I am.  I can admit it.  It IS who I am.

I hired a house keeper/mothers helper, "A,"  a couple months ago.  We definitely need help to care for this much larger house.  From the beginning, since I gave birth to my boys, I have NEVER wanted help with my babies.  However, if I am caring for my twins, I DO need help with laundry and cleaning.  Maybe someone to make a bottle every once in a while or to watch them if I need to run an errand or go to the gym... WHICH I ONLY DO WHILE THEY ARE NAPPING!  I like to be the one to put them down and be the one who they see when they wake up.  I do understand that sometimes that doesn't happen and they will wake up before I get home.  That's fine.

What has been bothering me...

1) When A, says, "how are MY babies doing?"

2) When A, suggests I make food a different way than what I am doing for my boys.
                                               
3) When A, says to Rocco, "A makes the BEST bottle EVER!" I overheard this one when I was upstairs changing Maximus's diaper.  I then told Maximus, "No, Mommy makes the best bottle ever!"
                                               
4) When A tries to step in and take one of my babies to change their diaper.
                                               
5) When Asteps in at any time I do not ask for help. UGH!

There are more, but this has been the past week.  Now, don't get me wrong, she is an amazing house keeper.

So, I had to get it off my chest.  I know she felt bad and I am sure meant no harm, but I cannot help how I feel.

Being a mother is MY job.  Being a helper is HER job.  It has been a slow process and she has slowly been trying to mother MY boys.  There is only room for ONE mother in this house.  That is ME.

Boundaries were crossed.  I did set this expectation in the beginning.  I feel bad that she is hurt, but I do not feel bad for being a Mama Bear.

P.S.  C and I had a fabulous Anniversary!  Thank you for all the wishes!  We stayed at the Ritz in Laguna and it was perfect!

                                 

5 comments:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Good for you for being the Mama Bear! I would have done the same thing!

Neamorfnost said...

Oh i dont see anything wrong in the way you feel. I would have done the same!

KC said...

Yep, I totally agree. I am sure she thought she was being helpful but she thought wrong.

Laura said...

My comment from earlier didn't show... I said something like, maybe it's time for a new helper?? Unless she's the kind of person you can say "hey, please tone it down" to without any problems... but I would feel the same way and feel very hurt if my "territory" was being stepped on! Intentionally or not. You just don't say stuff like that! :P

Glad you had a good anniversary, too! :]

Also... yes, I am pregnant! Haha, we announced a while ago... you should search for my announcement post 'cause I made a (in my biased opinion) a super cute video ;) 19 weeks now, due in the middle of January :] YAY!

Stephanie said...

That is a tough spot to be in, wanting help but not 'too' much help - I totally get it. Glad you spoke up and set the boundaries once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...