Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rocco update...

The MRI went as good as expected.  Once I felt settled that we were making the right decision, I wasn't   AS worried about how the whole thing was going to take place.  We got up at 5am so we could drive to the outpatient center and be there at 6am.  Once registered we headed up to the radiology department and got checked in.  We were put in a room where the nurse went over what to expect, took his blood pressure, etc. We had to put him in a hospital gown, which was so sad to see.  No child should EVER have to where one of those!  C and I were both there with him, however only one of us could go into the room while they put him to sleep.  I, of course, wanted to be there with him.  By the time everything was ready Rocco was crying hysterically.  One because he was hungry and Two because I'm sure he was scared.  I laid him on the MRI table and the anesthesiologist was there and ready to gas him.  I had to hold his arms and hands down while they put the gas mask over his little face. I held his hands with tears running down my face and kept repeating "Mommy Loves YOU... Mommy Loves YOU..." until he went limp and was asleep.

The wait seemed like forever.  I made a bottle (I am no longer breastfeeding... long story) when I knew it was getting close to being called back to recovery, so he wouldn't have to wait any longer.  I was a little upset because he was already awake when I went back there.  There were nurses trying to give him sugar water because he was so hysterical.  I guess its normal for babies to cry for about 20 min when they wake up since they are disorientated.  I took my baby from them and fed him right away.  He cried for a while and then calmed down.  I just held him and rocked him.

My mom stayed home with Maximus, we were back by 9am and Maximus was up playing when we got home.  After Rocco had breakfast got to see his brother he was feeling much better.

Later that day we got a call from his doctors office.  They already received the results!  The good news...  there was no sign of any brain tissue coming down in the palate!  The bad news... there was a soft tissue mass.  I didn't know totally what that meant.  I went in today because the doctor wanted to do another evaluation.  I was thinking he may want to biopsy it, but was SHOCKED when he said he wanted to remove it!

On July 14, my baby boy has to have surgery!  A soft tissue mass is a tumor that is usually benign in infants and children, but there, of course, is a possibility that it may be cancer (God FORBID!).  I am trying my best to stay positive.  I know the chances of it being the big C  are slim... but its still there.  I am having faith that God will be with us and will keep him safe.

One of my favorite verses is definitely giving me comfort right now...



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11


This one is for my baby Rocco!!!

9 comments:

KC said...

What a brave boy, and momma! Sorry he has to go through this, I have faith that everything will be fine. Take care!

Neamorfnost said...

Stay positive! I am sure everything will be good!

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Thanks KC for checkin in with us! Thank you for your support! xoxo

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Thank you!! I am sure they will too!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear he has to have surgery- poor baby :( Thank goodness that it wasn't brain matter though, and I'm sure that the mass will be benign as seems to be the norm! Just stay positive, and at least this time the surgery is relatively soon, so (I'm sure) you can just put the whole thing behind you and move on instead of having to wait as long as you did for the MRI. :)

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement Amanda! I'm doing my best to stay positive and be strong for my lil guy! Hopefully we can close the door soon!

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping you and Rocco in my prayers. I really pray that Gods peace will be with you through all this. I can only imagine how scary this is for you- I am sure it will all turn out fine, but the process of getting past this, is scary. I am sorry :(

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Thank you so much! This is the hardest thing and I don't wish this on any parent...

Stephanie said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and know I'm late in commenting, but I just wanted to say I feel for you and having to go through that with a young baby. I cannot even imagine!! I look forward to reading more about your journey. I have a daughter just a few days younger than your boys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...