Friday, January 8, 2010

Good News and Bad News...

Which do you want first?? Well I will give you the bad news since that is what I got first... My uterine septum grew back! I was laying there on the table with Chris holding my hand, looking at the TWO cavities of my uterus. My other hand was on my head as I was holding back the tears. I had read about this recently, although I didn't quite believe it. I had found virtually no literature on it. The only thing I found was on yahoo answers. It was a girl saying it happened to her... I don't believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet ;-) Maybe I should?

Doctor D. wants to have surgery again next week! Ugh! Here comes the good news... this is why my AMAZING follistim cycle in September didn't work. He says "We have a short window of opportunity to get you pregnant." I go in for surgery next week, we will try follistim in February once I'm healed. If that doesn't work, IVF in March. This does answer a LOT of prayers. Now we Know how SCREWED up my uterus is, we don't have a lot of time or options.

I asked about getting pregnant next time... he said "hopefully, your uterus will stretch out so we don't have to keep doing surgery. But we will do a hysteroscopy each time to make sure." It will be okay to keep doing the surgery I guess, my uterus walls look fabulous with no scar tissue.

Back on the TTC path again... I guess I love my RE... Dr. D's got my back ;-)

4 comments:

p spyrou said...

I've never heard of a uterine septum growing back but I have heard that you can scar after surgery resembling a uterine septum. Maybe you should look this up. Go to www.ashermans.org

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Hi! Trust me... I know what you mean about not hearing about it before! I tried googling and found NOTHING! Ironically, my RE was in surgery fixing someones uterus that had sealed together yesterday morning. He told me about it, similar to what is stated on the ashermans site.

Fortunately, I was able to see very clearly on the screen, the inside of my beautifully pink and healthy looking uterus(sans the septum)! It looked exactly like before... almost like looking up some ones nose with a septum in the middle, two cavities, with NO scar tissue.

Thank you for the website, I am sure it will give someone help!

Kate said...

Sara, I am shocked! I had never heard of this either. I am glad, though, that you have so much more information and can move forward in a more effective way now.

Kate said...

I'm glad you found my blog, Sara! I'm thinking about you as you get ready for your surgery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...