Friday, January 15, 2010

The Big 2-9

Not sure where to start... its been a crazy week!

Last weekend started bad and ended bad, but had a very good middle. I found out Friday that I was about to repeat last years events. Friday I spent most of my day in utter shock and talking about my news to everyone I know... mom, Chris, mom, Chris, mom-in-law, Chris, Gina, mom, Chris, Brenda, brothers, Chris... including some repeaters. Obviously it is how I process things.. talk it out! I think that is one thing that separates women from men, women have to verbalize to process men just like to fix the problem... wham bam done! We analyze, reanalyze and then start the process over again until we are satisfied. Infertility makes this grueling... for my husband! But I will get to that later!

Saturday, I went to acupuncture then went shopping with my girl friend, Mo. I had to find a dress for my birthday dinner... the birthday I no longer felt like celebrating! I had too much on my mind. Anyways, we went to South Coast Plaza and I could not find a thing to wear. Everything I tried either on made me feel like a whale or it was the wrong color, wrong size, or wrong for the event! It also didn't help that I was crampy and EXTREMELY bloated from the hysteroscopy the day prior and was in NO MOOD for shopping. I ended up leaving with no dress, no cute heals, but a pair of black skinny jeans that I wasn't even sure was appropriate for our "date" since its a surprise.

After being rushed home by Mo, she was more worried I was on time than I was, Chris gave me a guilt trip for not spending the day with him. I hadn't seen Mo in what seemed like forever and I couldn't believe he was giving me a hard time since he sent me to find a dress and we were about to spend the whole night together... alone!

We ended up laying in bed for a bit, making some good ole fashion love (since all we do is baby make now), and then contemplating just staying in with a bottle of vino! He slowly talked me out of it.

I took a shower, did my hair and make up, threw on my skinny jeans, black flowy top (so the bloating wouldn't show), and stiletto's that Mo let me borrow... felt sexy again... and were on our way.

I still had no idea where he was taking me. We pulled up to a familiar place... Prego's in Irvine. We had been there years ago for drinks. I thought it was weird he was taking me there... nothing special. The place was empty, I told the hostess "at least we'll get good service!" She walked us to the patio where Chris requested and low and behold... "SURPRISE!" All of my family and friends were there for my 29th Birthday! Complete and utter shock!

It was PERFECT timing. Exactly what I needed to get out of my funky mood. We had so much fun. We had a champagne toast as soon as I greeted everyone. There was a DJ. Dinner was yummy, desserts galore and then the staff sang Happy Birthday in Italian (my passion, my heart)! After dinner (and a couple glasses of wine), we danced! My mom totally rocked out! So much FUN!

After I opened gifts, and said good bye to everyone, my friends, brother and I went over to Reds.. an OC club. I danced all night! Most people celebrate 30 big, 29 was perfect, since hopefully, our lives will be different in a year... God willing.

On a side note, I had no clue about this party! The last few weeks I thought my husband was being weird, checking my phone a lot. I finally said something a couple days prior. "Your being wierd... why do you keep checking my phone?" Also, on the way to the party, I mentioned to him that this would be the perfect time to throw me a surprise party... I would have no idea. Another thing, everyone kept making a HUGE deal about my bday this year. I didn't get it. I think my friends and family tried to THROW ME OFF by asking what I'm doing. Pretty funny.

Anyways, later that night I took the Metformin on an empty stomach at 1am since I forgot to bring it with me... bad idea. The following morning I woke up fine. Really hungry. At about 11 am the nausea started. By 1pm, I was throwing up in the bathroom. I have NEVER thrown up from drinking. I didn't even drink that much. It HAD to be the Met. Never again.

It took me two more days of Nausea to fully recover. I went back to work on Monday. The party wore off and the depression set in. All week I was depressed. It hit me that it was happening because all I wanted to do is sleep. I went to bed at 8 every night and woke up EXHAUSTED every day. By Thursday, I just wanted to cry. Mo text me to see how I was and how I liked my bday.. I replied, I'm depressed. She is such a good friend, she called me back immediately and invited me to go to cycling. Just what I needed. Cycling class was full, but we ended up doing 60 min of cardio anyways. I need those endorphins! My mental health needs it!

Since we are on a TTC break til after my surgery, I figured I can go back to the gym. Mo and I made it to cycling the following day. I felt a little better. Today Chris and I went to the gym and hit some weights then took Oliver on a long walk to the park. Things are starting to look up!

As for my surgery that I thought would happen this week, I am still waiting for insurance approval. I should hear something by Tuesday. I am so ready to get this over with!


Kate said...

What an AWESOME birthday!!! Congratulations on 29. I hope it's a fabulous year for you! I have a good feeling.

Jenny said...

Regarding your trying on clothes- I don't think you could EVER look like a whale, no matter how hard you try! You looked BEAUTIFUL at your party, like you always do! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...