Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4 weeks 5 days...

I hope this isn't too premature, but I went to Barns and Nobles and got a new pregnancy book!  I already got "What to Expect..." over 2 1/2 years ago, when we first started TTC.  I finally took it off the shelf... again!  I like that book, it has a lot of good information, but this new book is AMAZING!

Pregnancy Day by Day...


a look inside...


I just purchased it today, so I haven't really got into it too much yet.  But, what I love about it is that it gives, "a day-by-day account of pregnancy with detailed explanations of the physical and emotional changes that take place in your body along with fascinating insights into how your baby develops within the uterus."  It shows an actual picture each day of the baby... starting from ovulation!  There are tons of pics, tips, for each day!

I'm so excited to start reading it.  I feel like its really going to help me with the waiting times between ultra sounds, dr appts., etc!

***

Something else I really wanted to write about...

I was having a lot of issues with fear, before pregnancy and now with pregnancy.  Prior, I would think, if I could just GET pregnant, I would be okay.  Then I would know I can at least conceive.  Now that I'm pregnant, I have been fearful of losing these babies!  I was thinking, once I see BETA #2, I'll be okay, and then Ultrasound #1... then #2... and so on.

I was with one of my IRLF (in real life friends) yesterday, and was talking to her about this.  She had also dealt with pregnancy loss then IF from PCOS.  She reminded me that this can go on FOREVER, even after the babies come!  Of course I don't want that!  She reminded me that I needed to give God the power, let Him carry my burdens.  So that's what I did.

Sometimes I forget this, but usually, when something is weighing me down, I would imagine the cross on a hill and me pushing a duffel bag (my baggage) with whatever the issue is, labeled to it.  For example, "Infertility" or now, "my babies."  I have to say... a huge weight has been lifted.  I was praying yesterday and imagined pushing "my babies" to the cross.  I prayed... and I prayed... and I prayed.  I'm sure I will have to pray more about this.  But its so nice that we don't have to do this alone, He is there to carry our "stuff."


5 comments:

Rosachka said...

I can understand where you are coming from with all the pregnancy fears. I've never been pregnant, but I already have "what if..." thoughts in my head. Look at the people around you who did give birth to healthy babies and everything was good. I am happy that you remind yourself that there is someone you can always turn to in your time of need and angst. Believe, pray and be positive, and everything will be good!

Ashley said...

I picked that same book up in the store and thought it looked great. I already had purchased three books though so I held off.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to remember that book (assuming I ever get there.)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :D

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of bringing our burdens to the cross. I felt moments (actually more like hours) of fear where my mind dwells on the worst possible outcome. I can't imagine losing it all now.... but also I know that it truely is not in my hands... God is in control.
Good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow- I will be thinking of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...