Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Progress...

is being made.  Not in the hunger department, unfortunately.  I was up at 5am again this morning and hungry.  I even ate a little bowl of cereal before bed to ensure that I would be able to sleep in... nope!  These babies are hungry babies.  I know part of it is that I need to eat more.  Sometimes its hard because NOTHING sounds good.  I have added orange juice to my diet for the added calories. This is new because I would never "drink my calories" before.  I would always eat the fruit... less calories!  Now I need them.

Back to progress... I am becoming a much more confident pregnant woman instead of an infertile pregnant woman!  Here are some of the things I'm proud of:
  • I'm not googling obsessively.  I am actually finding it really hard to think of things to google when I try.
  • I'm not worried about Jinxing this pregnancy.  I have let go of the fear of losing one of the babies (vanishing twin).  I realize that if that were to happen, it would be because of a chromosomal problem and that is completely out of my control.
  • I started prenatal yoga at a studio with a bunch of VERY pregnant women.  Yes, I kind of felt like an impostor because I am not sporting a belly (just a pooch), but I don't care.  I am doing whats good for me and my babies!  They say its best to start in the first trimester, so I did! Yesterday was my first class and I absolutely LOVE IT! This was my boldest move so far... huge!
  • For my birthday, one of my good friends gave me onsies and receiving blankets.  It really freaked me out.  I wasn't able to look at them since I opened them and they stayed in the gift bag.  Yesterday I was able to lay them out on the bed, and put them away.  I didn't freak out... I got excited!  Progress!
  • I'm feeling less anxious about my next ultrasound.  And waiting in general.
  • I started using stretch mark cream.  Mostly for my boobs which are the main things growing.
  • and I made my 8 week appointment with my OB!

I know its a lot.  But I am just trying to have faith.  I can't live in fear, so I'm moving forward!  I have to believe that everything is going to be okay.  I am not superstitious, so I don't believe I can "jinx it."  I believe God has a plan and what ever is meant to be will be.  There is nothing I can do that will change the inevitable.  All I can do is take care of my body by getting good nutrition, getting exercise, and getting enough rest.  So that is what I'm doing!

I forgot to mention that I am down to ONE progesterone suppository a day (from three) and I am off the vivelle estrogen dots (since Friday).  At Fridays u/s, Dr R checked my levels and my progesterone was at 60 and estrogen was over 2000!  I'm assuming those are good.  I did three days of two suppositories and yesterday was my first day of one.  It is a little nerve racking, but I'm trusting they know whats right.  I will have my blood drawn again Friday.

I'm currently 6 weeks and 4 days.  New symptoms?  Not really.  (tmi) My Nipples are starting to look a little different, a little more pronounced.  One I forgot to mention that I've had since four weeks... chest acne (yuck!).  My mom says its pregnancy rash. They are tiny red bumps, not too noticeable for others, but I think its disgusting.  Obviously, I'll take 'em!  But it doesn't mean I have to LOVE every symptom :)

5 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds like things are going wonderfully! Yay! I bet you can't wait to find out the sex of the babies, so you can start buying clothes and bedding and all that fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

So happy you are feeling well and doing better mentally :)

tara @ the every things said...

isn't googling the worst?
im glad your mind is being set at ease.

ICLW #123

And so it goes said...

Here from ICLW- congrats on your twins. I am intrigued to learn more about your Rescue ICSI- yours is the first story I have heard like this.

Amazing story...

The C's said...

Yay! Congrats on your BFP and WOW - TWINS! So happy for you! :)
Looking forward to following your prego journey and I hope that this is our year too!
The C's
ICLW # 161

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...