Friday, October 22, 2010

Advantages of Trusting God...

is day 15 in the daily devotional that I'm currently reading called, Attitudes of Success.  This one really struck accord with me so I thought I would write about it...

"Trouble is a common occurence for us earthlings (Job 5:7).  Its easy to let our mind and emotions run wild."  This made me think of IF... its trouble!  It causes us to stress, worry, have doubt, live in fear, etc.  The problem with these feelings is that they are not from God, they cause us to go outside the boundries God has for us.  We may run to "quick fix" solutions that are "our way" and not "Gods way." 

Looking back at the begining of my journey, or IF treatments.  I put so much pressure on myself to fix the problem.  I was googling like crazy, seeing what worked for others and then trying them myself to see if I could "cure" my infertility.  Its not that simple.

All of this left me feeling empty, alone, exhausted, and depressed.  This was definately NOT what God wanted for me.  Now, I realize that yes, I'm going through IF, but I'm not alone.  I now realized that going through this WITH God, and trusting in His provisions for my life, is building my faith and character, which will in turn, make me a better wife, mother, and follower of Jesus Christ. 

Trusting in the Lord and having confidence in what His plans are, teaches us run to Him and rely on his teachings when lifes pressures feel unbearable.

"Trust in the Lord, and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your hearts desires.

Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Dont worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.

Stop being angry!
Turn from your rage!
Do not lose your temper-
in only leads to harm.
For the wicked will be destroyed,
but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land."

Psalm 37:3-9

Therefore, focusing on God and not on the IF and trusting in Him will, in a sense, cause things to fall into place in His will.  These verse point out what we are supposed to do in times of "trouble:" commit everything to the Lord, Trust, Be patient and spend quality time with the Lord, don't worry, and don't be angry.

I just got off of the phone with a very good friend of mine who is my age, 29.  She is a step-mom to 17 year old girl.  My friend just found out her step daughter was 6 months pregnant.  This is a time when I could be angry and ask God, "why her and not me?"  But, I don't.  She was not following Gods provisions for her life and is now going to struggle.  I feel really bad for my friend who wants a baby too, but is now going to be a 29 year old GRANDMA!

C and I were walking the other night and talking about how if the IF treatments worked the year before that we could have been parents now.  I'm, in some ways, we were both thankful they didn't.  Why?  Because I didn't know then that my husband was going to be working 60-70 hours/ week right now.  I would have been upset and thinking he needed to come and spend time with the baby.  This was something we did not foresee.  God's plans are best.  Even if I want a baby now, I know Gods time and plans are always better than mine.

I put my faith and trust in the Lord! 


2 comments:

Lori LeRoy said...

Wow - that's a tough pill to swallow. I appreciate your post. Everyone keep saying to me "in God's time" and I have a very hard time waiting (we're done with the TTC and are waiting to adopt our son from Vietnam)

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Hi Lu! Yes its definately tough. I have to keep reminding myself that all things happen "in Gods time." Its the only thing that makes sense for IF... otherwise we would go nuts with this. Thats awesome you are adopting. That is an option for us, but we do not feel God is leading us there just yet.

Good luck!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...