Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ouch!

I am pretty much a pro at giving myself injections in the gut.  But the other day it hurt!  It almost felt like the needle was a little dull.  Ever since then I am having the hardest time giving myself the shot.  Yesterday I had to close my eyes and this morning, for example, I was sitting there counting down to myself "3..2..1..." and then nothing.  I couldn't do it.  I was in my robe (because it is FREEZING in our house... our heater is broken!), I litterally started sweating and had to take the robe off.  Rediculous!  Finally I had the bright idea to ice my belly then shoot it.  I am not sure if it felt any better, but at least I got it in. 

As for C, he can not help me at all.  He is the biggest baby when it comes to needles. Yesterday, I came downstairs and he was on the computer and asked him to give me the shot.  He freaked out and made me leave the room so he wouldn't pass out!  I think there is reason God made women to carry babies!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That is really funny about your husband and needles. I don't know what I would do if my hubs couldn't give me my IM trigger shot. I can do the subq shots in my belly with out any problems but that IM needle is HUGE!

Best of luck on for the rest of your IVF cycle. I'm right behind you and will start in Jan. I am now following you and look forward to hearing about the rest of your journey.

Aly
www.infertilityoverachievers.com

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I just saw that you left a comment with questions on my blog post. I would be happy to answer them for you but it's prob way to long to leave as a comment. I don't see a way to contact you via email on your blog. So shoot me an email at Aly at infertilityoverachievers dot com and I would be HAPPY to answers those for you. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm pretty sure that my husband will be the same way with needles, if it comes down to it! Goo dluck this cycle!!

Emby said...

Good luck with your IVF cycle. Thanks for following my blog. I am sorry you are having trouble with your shots. I am thankful that my husband can do those things for me because I am a big scaredy cat!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about your husband! Sometimes men can be 'sensitive creatures'. Thanks for your comment on my blog- we really are on the same cycle. I will be following your story and hopefully we will both have happy endings! Best of luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...