Saturday, August 15, 2009

I got shot last night...

in the leg! It took me over 20 minutes to build up the courage. I was literally sweating and having a anxiety attack. What was wrong with me!?! I was told that it hurt less to inject in the stomach, but there is something about shooting it there... I could not do it! My DH is of course afraid of needles, so he could not do it. I was begging him to do it. I felt like I was on top of a high dive and every time he would count down (from the OTHER ROOM!) "3 - 2 - 1" I would yell "WAIT!! I can't do it!!" I had to pray to the Lord to give me the strength and courage to give myself the freakin shot! So finally he said do it in the leg. I did it. There was still some hesitation, but when I did it, I could not believe that was all it was. I literally did not even feel the shot go in! Pretty pathetic.

Here's the thing, when I was younger I had asthma so I got allergy shots in my arms twice a week for a couple of years. I have had so many piercings, and I just go my nose done (for the 3rd time!) in June. What was my problem?!? I guess I could not get over the fact of giving MYSELF the shot. It was scary and I have to say, humbling. But the Lord is good, he is ALWAYS good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...