Sunday, August 30, 2009

Why do we suffer?

Church was very good today. I really needed it. It reminded me to rely more on God and less on Google. Google does not have my best interest at heart, God does. Google will not answer my problems, God will. Google will not comfort me through the storms of my life (infertility), God can. So why do we suffer?


To develop faith
To reveal our true character (Job 23:10)
To expose hidden or hurtful sin (Psalm 139:23-24)
To learn obedience (Hebrews 5:8)
To keep down pride
To Glorify GOD


"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Through this message, I received great comfort, to know that God ALWAYS has my best interest in mind.

Another quote that I love is this:

"Instead of telling God how big your mountain is, try telling your mountain how big your God is."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...